Saturday, December 15, 2007

Episode 42

MIRI's flight has just landed in Amsterdam. He is trying to catch GINA before she leaves for London and on to the United States.

MIRI - I need to get off now! It's an emergency!

FLIGHT ATTENDANT - Sir, we cannot let you off until flight seven oh six takes off and we pull into their vacated space!

MIRI - No! Wait! That flight can't take off! I need to get off this plane and get on that one!

FLIGHT ATTENDANT - What?

MIRI - Someone is on that plane that I need to get to! It's an emergency!

FLIGHT ATTENDANT - Sir, you can't do that, now please take your seat.

MIRI - You don't understand, there is someone very, very important on that flight and if she goes back to the US...

FLIGHT ATTENDANT - No, you don't understand. You cannot get off this plane until this plane docks. This plane cannot dock until that plane takes off. I will call security if you don't sit down. I mean it.

(silence)

(MIRI turns and walks back to his seat. He looks out the window at flight 706.)

MIRI thinks - Dammit!

(The flight backs out of the spot and heads toward the runway.)

MIRI thinks - Shit! Shit! Shit! I'm so stupid! Why didn't I...Damn!

(The flight that he is on starts to pull into the spot.)

MIRI thinks - Maybe I can jump off this flight as soon as the door opens and run down the runway and stop her plane!

(MIRI looks toward the front of his plane. His plane is slowing down to a stop. He looks back at her plane. Her's is making its way away.)

MIRI thinks - I may get arrested for this but it will be well worth it if I get Gina back! Shit!

(MIRI's plane stops and some of the passengers start to unbuckle their seat belts.)

FLIGHT ATTENDANT - Welcome to Amsterdam, our first stop on our way to Lon...

(MIRI runs past her and goes for the door.)

FLIGHT ATTENDANT - Hey! You haven't heard my speech!

(As the door opens, MIRI runs through it and down the steps.)

MIRI - Gina!

(GINA's flight 706 starts to pick up speed down the runway. MIRI runs and waves his arms. He is screaming her name but can't even hear himself over the sound of the jet engines.)

MIRI -

(The plane's nose tilts in the air and tremendous heat shoots from behind it. MIRI is not even close to her flight and he is screaming her name.)

MIRI -

(GINA's plane takes off toward London. MIRI stands at the start of the runway and stares at the tremendous aircraft until it is no longer in sight.)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BRANDON is in his girlfriend DENICE's room.

DENICE - Brandon, please choose a channel.

BRANDON - But there's nothing on.

DENICE - Well then let's talk or something. Don't keep flicking the channels like that. It's driving me nuts.

BRANDON - Well what do you want to watch?

DENICE - I don't care. Just choose something.

BRANDON - Okay.

(BRANDON keeps changing the channels with the remote.)

DENICE - Brandon!

BRANDON - What? You told me to choose something!

DENICE - But you keep clicking through with the remote!

BRANDON - How am I supposed to choose something if I don't go through the channels?

DENICE - Well dag, do you have to do it so fast? You and a remote!

BRANDON - You want me to do it slow or something? What do you want?

DENICE - I want you to choose something.

BRANDON - Then let me choose something. How you gonna say you want me to walk and then get mad when I take a step?

DENICE - Oh whatever Brandon! Just pick something for us to watch okay?

BRANDON - Okay!

(BRANDON clicks a few more times, just slower.)

BRANDON - Okay, let's watch this.

DENICE - This is baseball.

BRANDON - So?

DENICE - You know I hate baseball Brandon, why would you choose this?

BRANDON - You told me to choose something, you got mad when I was choosing something, and now you're mad that I chose something?

DENICE - You chose baseball. You know I hate baseball. Of all the sports to pick, you pick the one sport that I hate and you stop here.

BRANDON - Then you shouldn't tell me to just choose something then. You should say, choose something that I like, then I'll choose something that you like.

DENICE - I don't want you to choose something that I like. I want you to be considerate of me in choosing for you.

BRANDON - I can't do that because you won't let me. You'd still get mad.

DENICE - No I wouldn't.

BRANDON - Yes you will.

DENICE - No I wouldn't!

BRANDON - Yes you will!

DENICE - You know what...

(DENICE gets up off the couch.)

DENICE - Forget it then! Fine! Watch your baseball!

BRANDON - And where are you going?

DENICE - What difference does it make!

(DENICE goes in her bedroom and closes the door.)

BRANDON thinks - This shit is ridiculous!

(BRANDON gets up and looks at DENICE's closed door.)

BRANDON thinks - This is stupid.

(He walks to the door and stops there.)

(silence)

(He turns back and walks out of her room.)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MIRI slowly walks back to his plane.

FLIGHT ATTENDANT - That was quite a stunt you pulled sir!

MIRI - It doesn't matter. She's gone.

FLIGHT ATTENDANT - Who is gone? What was the urgency?

MIRI - It doesn't matter. How long does that flight remain in London?

FLIGHT ATTENDANT - Not long at all. I think like fifteen minutes. It doesn't wait on us, and then we do the same thing.

MIRI - So there's no way for me to catch up with someone in London that is on that flight?

FLIGHT ATTENDANT - No. Can't you call the person and have them wait for you in London?

MIRI - No...I...no.

FLIGHT ATTENDANT - Then you'd have to see them in the United States.

MIRI - I have to go all the way back home? Shit!

FLIGHT ATTENDANT - Excuse me?

MIRI - I'm sorry, nothing. Um, how long are we going to stay in Amsterdam?

FLIGHT ATTENDANT - Four hours.

MIRI - Damn.

(silence)

MIRI - Is there somewhere I can get something to eat?

FLIGHT ATTENDANT - Sure, there is a market place in walking distance. Just that way.

MIRI - Thanks.

(MIRI looks at his watch, then starts to walk toward the market place.)

MIRI thinks - Oh well, I might as well eat. I got four hours, then on to London, then back home. And I hope I can convince Gina to come back to Africa. I can't do this without her and I've been a fool!

(MIRI checks how much money he has and walks into the market place to eat.)

MIRI thinks - Damn, I'm actually starving. I didn't eat looking all over for Gina. I didn't even know she left!

(MIRI stops at one cafe and reads the menu which is posted in the window.)

MIRI thinks - How could I have been so stupid! I really pushed her away. She dropped her whole life to be with me and I neglected her and took her for granted. Well never again. Never again at all.

(MIRI decides that he wants to eat somewhere else so he walks on.)

MIRI thinks - And where is she gonna go in the US? Back home? Back to campus? Shit, how am I gonna even find her? She won't have a cell phone....damn!

(He sees another cafe and steps inside.)

HOSTESS - Good day, table for one?

MIRI - Yes, thank you.

JARED - Gina, we're so happy you were able to join us!

ANGIE - Yes, truly.

GINA - Thanks, I figured what the hell? I'm never gonna be in Amsterdam again. What's a few hours to eat a nice meal with a very nice couple.

JARED - Well cheers.

GINA - I'm just very appreciative that yall invited me to eat with yall. I've been very sad and I needed a nice pick me up.

ANGIE - Very sad? What's wrong?

GINA - Oh don't worry about it.

JARED - No please, do tell.

GINA - Well...

(GINA pauses.)

GINA - You see, there's this guy...and he's the reason I was even in Africa...and he...he...

(GINA stops in shock.)

GINA - ...he's sitting right there!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As CANDACE is congratulating her new soror ALEXIS into Sigma Gamma Rho, her sorors JENNIFER AND ROSALIND walk up.

ROSALIND - Hey sorors.

(CANDACE turns around.)

CANDACE - Hey ladies. Let me holla at yall real quick.

(ROSALIND and JENNIFER follow CANDACE to the side. They are both confused.)

JENNIFER - What's goin' on?

CANDACE - I'm glad yall were able to make it through. But we were pressured to start with Alexis and we were trying to wait. We really tried but soror Andy was on our case so we had to get started.

ROSALIND - Wait a minute! Don't tell me Alexis already crossed...without us?

CANDACE - Uh yeah, we had to...

ALEXIS - Sorors!

(ROS looks past CANDACE and sees ALEXIS approaching. She has on an SGRho hat and sweatshirt.)

ROS - Soror Alexis!

ROS thinks - Damn, this is messed up!

(ROS and ALEXIS hug.)

ROS - Congratulations Alexis! Welcome home.

ALEXIS - Thank you.

(ALEXIS is crying.)

ROS - You worked very hard to get your letters and you deserve Sigma. Don't ever forget that.

ALEXIS - I won't.

JENNIFER - Come here girl!

(ALEXIS hugs JENNIFER.)

ALEXIS - Big sister J Rho!

(JENNIFER laughs.)

JENNIFER - No more big sister for you huh? Ha ha ha ha!

ALEXIS - Nope! But thank you for all you put me through.

JENNIFER - I just wanted you to be the best soror you could be. And I hope you will be.

ALEXIS - I will. I promise. I promise in my heart.

(They hug again.)

ALEXIS - If I can just say something...is that okay?

CANDACE - Sure girl. Go ahead soror.

ALEXIS - I just want to thank you all. I love each and every one of you. I didn't always like yall, especially Paula.

(PAULA smiles and looks down and everyone else laughs.)

ALEXIS - But I love you all and I just want to thank you from the bottom of my heart. I love Sigma and I will be the best Sigma soror I can be.

CANDACE - That's wonderful Alexis. We are happy to have you and I think I can speak for everyone when I say that we are very proud of you, you're our baby and we love you too.

(CANDACE and ALEXIS hug again.)

CANDACE - And on a more personal note, you and I have been friends for a long time. Back when I was dating Nino and you were cool with Bobby. We go way back and I was so happy when you expressed an interest in my organization. Welcome my sister to my beloved sisterhood.

(CANDACE wipes away a tear as she hugs ALEXIS again.)

ALEXIS - Thank you Candace. Oh, and one more thing.

CANDACE - Uh huh.

ALEXIS - Can I use your phone?

(Everyone laughs.)

CANDACE - Sure, you need to call Quinton?

ALEXIS - Heck yeah!

(CANDACE laughs again as she hands her phone to ALEXIS.)

ALEXIS - I gotta call my man!

(ALEXIS takes the phone and steps away as she is dialing.)

JENNIFER whispers - Why did yall start without us!

CANDACE whispers - Talk to your girl Andy about it. But we'll talk about it later.

ROS whispers - Yeah we will because I am pissed!

(ALEXIS comes back.)

CANDACE - Did you get Quinton?

ALEXIS - Uh...no...I got his voicemail twice.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BRANDON thinks - I need to call Bren. I need to talk to someone.

(BRANDON is walking back to his room.)

BRANDON thinks - I need to call...

(BRANDON grabs his phone and searches through his phone list.)

BRANDON thinks - Here it is.

(BRANDON dials.)

BREANNA - Hello?

BRANDON - Hi, it's Brandon.

BREANNA - Oh hey Brandon, hold on a second okay?

BRANDON - Yeah, cool.

(BREANNA puts BRANDON on hold.)

(silence)

BREANNA - Brandon?

BRANDON - Yeah, I'm here.

BREANNA - Hi, what's goin' on?

BRANDON - Nothin' much, what's up with you?

BREANNA - Not too much. I was studying earlier, so I'm taking a break. You've got perfect timing.

BRANDON - Oh cool. Well if you're not busy, I kinda wanted to know if we could talk.

BREANNA - Sure. That's cool.

BRANDON - Do you have time to meet me?

BREANNA - Oh gosh, my hair is lookin' crazy Brandon. I can't come out like this.

BRANDON - Oh.

BREANNA - I'm sorry.

BRANDON - Well how about I stop by. I won't stay long.

BREANNA - Ahhhh! Oh gosh! You can't see me like this!

BRANDON - Aw come on. I really need to talk. I aint trippin' on how you look. You probably look fine.

BREANNA - Heck no I don't!

(silence)

BRANDON - Okay then, well I guess I'll check you ou...

BREANNA - You really need to talk huh?

BRANDON - I would like to. Yeah, I would.

BREANNA - Okay give me ten minutes and you can come over. Gosh, my place is a mess!

BRANDON - It'll take me fifteen minutes to get there, so that's cool. Thank you.

BREANNA - No problem boy. You owe me big time for this! I don't let just anyone see me with the do out.

(BRANDON laughs.)

BRANDON - Aight aight, you got me. I owe you one.

BREANNA - See ya in fifteen.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ALEXIS is now a member of Sigma Gamma Rho sorority and has tried to call her boyfriend QUINTON. After she didn't get QUINTON, she called a few other friends.

ALEXIS - Yes! I made it! I'm done!

REGGIE - Congratulations girl! Wait, I don't even think I knew you were on line! I've been under a rock girl, trying to graduate.

ALEXIS - That's cool, I understand. Just wanted to let you know that I am over and I will be accepting all gifts.

(REGGIE laughs.)

REGGIE - Aight, I'll keep that in mind.

(ALEXIS laughs.)

ALEXIS - Okay Reg, talk to ya later okay?

REGGIE - Sure. Congrats again girl.

(They hang up and ALEXIS dials again.)

BOBBY - Hello.

ALEXIS - Hey.

(silence)

BOBBY - Alexis?

ALEXIS - Yeah. Hi.

BOBBY - Hey, what's goin' on? You okay? You need anything?

ALEXIS - I'm done Bobby. I'm a Sigma woman!

BOBBY - Really? Congratulations girl.

ALEXIS - Thanks!

BOBBY - How do you feel?

ALEXIS - I feel great. I feel wonderful, I've never been so happy. I mean I worked so hard and to finally be in, I just can't describe it. I can't even put it into words.

BOBBY - I know the feeling.

ALEXIS - I'm sure you do.

(silence)

ALEXIS - Is everything okay with you? You sound like something is wrong.

BOBBY - I'm cool.

ALEXIS - Bobby what's the matter?

(silence)

ALEXIS - Are you okay?

BOBBY - I had a court case for my son and it didn't work out the way I wanted it to.

ALEXIS - Oh I'm sorry. What happened?

BOBBY - I wanted to take care of him, because I know I can do better. Instead, they gonna hit my pockets.

ALEXIS - Oh.

BOBBY - And he's still gonna stay with Caryn and her hoochie ass.

ALEXIS - Well I gotta at least give you credit for steppin' up and trying to be a father. Ya know?

BOBBY - Unfortunately, credit don't count for a lot in court.

ALEXIS - It's still admirable that you want to do the right thing. Especially since the baby's mama is so ghetto and into some old drama and stuff.

BOBBY - Yeah, this has been a crazy experience since the very beginning. That's why I was so hoping when I got the blood test back that the baby wasn't mine. First of all I'm way too young, and secondly Caryn is...

ALEXIS - Wait, what did you say?

BOBBY - What?

ALEXIS - Did you say blood test?

BOBBY - Uh yeah, when I found out I was the father.

ALEXIS - Bobby, did they do a DNA test?

BOBBY - Yeah, in the blood test. It's the same thing.

ALEXIS - No Bobby, a DNA test is different. If you haven't had a DNA test, you may not be Lil Derrick's father!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fifteen minutes later...

(BREANNA opens her door.)

BRANDON - Hey Doc, thanks for opening your office for me.

BREANNA - Well you know this is way past office hours!

(They both laugh.)

BREANNA - Come on in.

(BRANDON walks in.)

BRANDON - Your hair doesn't look bad. I knew you were trippin'.

BREANNA - That's because I did something with it in two minutes! You see this pony tail.

BRANDON - Girl whatever.

BREANNA - You still owe me.

BRANDON - Don't worry, I got you. I got you.

(BREANNA laughs as she plops down on the couch.)

BREANNA - So what can I do for you Bran my man?

BRANDON - Girl, I got issues and I just need to talk.

BREANNA - Well wassup?

(BRANDON pauses.)

BRANDON - It's my girl.

BREANNA - Denice?

BRANDON - Yeah. Breanna, we just...I mean, it's just not working.

BREANNA - Well what's wrong?

BRANDON - I don't know. Like I can't put my finger on it. But we just argue about stupid stuff. We just don't get along for some reason. We argued today about what was on tv. Stupid, stupid stuff.

BREANNA - Uh huh.

BRANDON - And I think its so important to agree with your mate. Ya know?

BREANNA - Oh I definitely know. I agree with ya.

BRANDON - I was gonna call my brother, but he jokes around so much. He's never serious so I can't even talk to him.

BREANNA - Uh huh.

BRANDON - And I can't tell Denice because we'll probably get into an arguement about it.

(BREANNA laughs.)

BRANDON - But it's just frustrating ya know? I mean, I thought this was what I wanted, and now its just like...

(silence)

BRANDON - I don't know Breanna. I just don't know sometimes. Why is it that the things we want in relationships just...just...

(silence)

BREANNA - Brandon, let me be open with you.

(BREANNA sits up and becomes very serious.)

BREANNA - Do you know Dr. Jefferson in the psychology department?

No comments: