Saturday, December 15, 2007

Episode 35

There is a knock on DEXTER's door.

(DEXTER hangs the phone up and opens the door.)

DEXTER - Hey, what are you doing here?
WILLIE - We need to talk.

DEXTER - We do?

WILLIE - Yes we do.

(silence)

WILLIE - Well can I come in or not?
DEXTER - Oh...uh...yeah. Sure, come on in.

(DEXTER steps aside as WILLIE walks in past him. He then looks down the hall and checks his watch.)

DEXTER - What's goin' on? How are you?
WILLIE - I'm just fine Dexter, how are you? Keeping yourself busy?

(DEXTER looks at WILLIE confused.)

DEXTER - Uh...yeah. I guess.

WILLIE - Yeah, I bet you are.

DEXTER - Willie, what is this about? What do we need to talk about? What's wrong with you?

(DEXTER checks his watch.)

WILLIE - Am I keeping you from something?

DEXTER - Actually you are. Now will you please tell me what it is we're supposed to be talking about.

WILLIE - Well forget it then. Obviously you got things that are more important than anything with me.

DEXTER - Huh?

(WILLIE starts to walk past DEXTER to leave.)

DEXTER - Where are you going?
WILLIE - What do you care?

DEXTER - What the hell is the matter with you?

(WILLIE passes DEXTER and reaches for the door.)

DEXTER - Wait! Hold up!

(DEXTER grabs WILLIE's arm and she pulls her arm away.)

WILLIE - I gotta go!

DEXTER - No you don't! You came here to talk...

(DEXTER grabs her and stops her from leaving.)

DEXTER - ...and I wanna know what we're talkin' about!

(DEXTER spins her around and she tries to get away so he throws his arms around her.)

DEXTER - What in the world is the matter with you?

(DEXTER pulls WILLIE close to him as she squirms to get away.)

WILLIE - Get off me! Let me go Dexter!
DEXTER - Not until you tell me what the hell is goin' on!

(silence)

(DEXTER is holding WILLIE close to him. Her arms are down by her sides and he has both his arms wrapped around her whole body.)

DEXTER - Well?

WILLIE - Boy if you don't get off me...

(As WILLIE wrestles to make one last attempt to break free, their faces become closer. And closer.)

WILLIE - Dext...

DEXTER - Girl sto...

(WILLIE and DEXTER start to kiss one another.)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BRANDON and DENICE are going to the movies. Since they had an arguement about Brendon, they feel this is a good way to patch things up between them.

DENICE - Brandon, come on. We don't have all day. It's about to start.

BRANDON - What is about to start? You must be talking about X Men then.

DENICE - Is that gonna be it? I thought we were here to see Matrix Reloaded.

BRANDON - Well which one is it?
DENICE thinks - Lord Jesus help me!

DENICE - Brandon, we have been stading here for fifteen minutes trying to decide. Just pick one!

BRANDON - Ah no, cuz I know how you are. If I pick one and it aint the one you wanna see, then you have an attitude for the rest of the day and I gotta deal with it. So you pick.

DENICE - Brandon, it really doesn't matter to me. I don't care. Either one is fine. Whatever you decide is cool with me.

BRANDON - Well which one would you rather see?
DENICE - I don't care.

(BRANDON looks up at the board once again.)

BRANDON - Well, if we see X Men, it's starting in ten minutes. But if we see Matrix, we can go get something to eat first and not be starving afterward.

DENICE - Are you hungry now?
BRANDON - I don't know.

DENICE - What do you mean you don't know? Either you're hungry or you're not.

BRANDON - Well are you hungry?
DENICE - Don't answer my question with a question.

BRANDON thinks - I hate when she says that.

DENICE - So are you hungry or not?
BRANDON - It isn't that I'm starving or anything, I just think that if I don't eat, I'll be starving by the time we get out the movie. What you think?
DENICE - Well I'm not really hungry but I can eat.

BRANDON - What's that supposed to mean?
DENICE - The same thing you just said.

BRANDON - That's not what I just said.

DENICE - Brandon! God, the X Men is about to start if that is what we're gonna see!

BRANDON - So that's it? X Men and not Matrix right?

DENICE - I don't care!

BRANDON - Aight aight!

(BRANDON goes to the ticket counter and buys his ticket. DENICE gives him the money for hers and he gets hers as well.)

BRANDON - Okay, X Men it is.

DENICE - Mmmmmm hmmmmmm.

BRANDON - What?
DENICE - What?

BRANDON - What's the matter? Did you want to see Matrix? See, I knew it!
DENICE - I didn't even say anything!

BRANDON - But I can tell already Denice. You wanted to see Matrix didn't you?
DENICE - Brandon please. Just come on before we miss the previews. You know I love previews.

BRANDON - Aight but remember...

(DENICE turns back to look at BRANDON as she passes by the ticket collector.)

BRANDON - We're here because we both need to work on our attitudes. So let's not come out the movie arguing or anything. Agreed?
DENICE - Agreed.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WILLIE - Get off me! Let me go Dexter!
DEXTER - Not until you tell me what the hell is goin' on!

(silence)

(DEXTER is holding WILLIE close to him. Her arms are down by her sides and he has both his arms wrapped around her whole body.)

DEXTER - Well?

WILLIE - Boy if you don't get off me...

(As WILLIE wrestles to make one last attempt to break free, their faces become extremely close.)

WILLIE - Dext...

DEXTER - Girl sto...

(WILLIE and DEXTER start to kiss one another. DEXTER loosens his grip and WILLIE places her arms around DEXTER. She rubs the back of his head as they passionately kiss one another.)

DEXTER thinks - What the fu...

(DEXTER's cell phone rings. They stop kissing but still have their arms around one another.)

DEXTER - Uh...I gotta uh...

WILLIE - Uh yeah.

(They let go of each other. WILLIE leans against the fridge as DEXTER takes his cell phone off his hip.)

DEXTER - Uh hello?

TY - Wassup dog!

DEXTER - Hey.

TY - What you to?

DEXTER - Chillin'. Wassup dog.

(DEXTER looks at WILLIE. She is merely looking at him.)

TY - Well it sounds like you're busy. I was just calling to tell you the good news.

DEXTER - Good news?
TY - Yeah bruh, Buck and June got engaged.

DEXTER - Really? That's great!

TY - Yeah. Just lettin' you know. Bruhs at Amgis may have like a celebration thing for him after the Delta party.

DEXTER - Cool man, thanks.

TY - No problem dog. I'll catch up witcha lata.

DEXTER - Aight frat.

(They hang up. DEXTER turns toward WILLIE. She is just looking at him.)

(silence)


DEXTER - Buck and June got engaged.

WILLIE - Oh yeah? That is really nice. I'm happy for them.

DEXTER - Yeah.

(silence)

(WILLIE walks toward DEXTER and they embrace each other and start kissing again.)

DEXTER whispers - I've missed you Willie.

WILLIE thinks - This is so wrong! This is so wrong!

DEXTER - Did you miss me too?

(They stop kissing and look each other in the face.)

DEXTER - Did you miss me too?

(There is a knock on DEXTER's door.)

DEXTER thinks - Oh shit! Katrice!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MONA, SHARONDA, and MELINDA FERGUSON are in SHARONDA's room waiting for MIYA's arrival.

(There is a knock on the door.)

SHARONDA - Is that Miya already? She got here quick!

(SHARONDA goes to open the door.)

SHARONDA thinks - Oh Lord!

MELINDA FERGUSON - Hello Sharonda.

SHARONDA - Hi Aunt Mel.

(SHARONDA hugs her aunt as she comes into the room.)

MELINDA FERGUSON - Is Miya here yet?

MONA - No Mommy but she's on the way. She should be here any minute!

MELINDA FERGUSON - I'm glad because we need to have a serious talk.

(MONA rolls her eyes at SHARONDA who stares back angrily.)

SHARONDA - Aunt Mel can I get you something to drink?
MELINDA FERGUSON - No thank you. I think you've done enough for now.

(MONA smiles sarcastically at SHARONDA.)

MELINDA FERGUSON - Can't believe I had to...

(MELINDA is talking to herself.)

MELINDA FERGUSON - ...rush all the way over here, like I aint got things to do. That little girl is gonna drive me insane.

SHARONDA thinks - Oh God!

MONA - I wasn't like that when I was growing up...was I Mommy?
MELINDA FERGUSON - Of course not Mona. You were always Momm's little angel!

(MONA smiles.)

SHARONDA thinks - I think I'm gonna throw up!

(There is another knock on the door. SHARONDA moves to answer the door but MONA pushes past her and opens the door herself.)

MONA - Miya! Please come in!

MIYA - Hi Mona. I'm so hungry, are we ready to...

(MIYA sees her mother and SHARONDA looking intense and is rendered speechless.)

MIYA thinks - Oh shit!

MELINDA FERGUSON - Now that Miya is here, let's begin. First of all, and I won't beat around the bush, I have been informed by your sister that you are planning...

(SOROR FERGUSON pauses to take a deep breath.)

MELINDA FERGUSON - ...that you are planning to apply for membership to Zeta Phi Beta sorority.

(MIYA quickly looks at MONA who is smiling, then to SHARONDA who is looking serious.)

MELINDA FERGUSON - Is that true Miya?

(MIYA looks back at her mother who is waiting for an answer. MIYA is speechless and looking frightened.)

MELINDA FERGUSON - Miya, is it true that you are attempting to apply for membership into Zeta Phi Beta?

(MIYA is silent.)

MONA - What's the matter? Does the...

(MONA throws the Zeta sign.)

MONA - ...the cat got your tongue?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BRANDON and DENICE come out of the theater from seeing the X Men movie.

BRANDON - How can you say that? That shit was great!
DENICE - Whatever. What kind of storyline was that?
BRANDON - Storyline? Who cares about a storyline? When it comes to comic books and action adventure, that's all you want. Action and adventure. Nothing else.

DENICE - I mean, no real love interest?

BRANDON - Love interest?

(BRANDON holds the door for DENICE to exit and they walk into the mall.)

BRANDON - If you wanted to see a love story, why'd you pick X Men?
DENICE - I didn't pick X Men, you did.

BRANDON - You said you didn't care either way.

DENICE - I didn't.

BRANDON - So why you trippin' now?
DENICE - Who said I was trippin?
BRANDON thinks - Sheesh!

DENICE thinks - Gosh!

BRANDON - So where we gonna eat?

DENICE - What do you feel like?
BRANDON - I don't know. What you want?
DENICE - I don't know, what are you in the mood for?
BRANDON - Well, you want Chinese or a burger?

DENICE - Brandon, I don't know. Just choose one.

BRANDON - But if I make the wrong choice then you'll...

DENICE - God! Forget it! I'll choose!

(DENICE walks to the Chinese food booth.)

BRANDON thinks - But I want a burger!

(DENICE starts to order her food, then BRANDON orders his. They take their trays and find an open seat.)

BRANDON - So about this X Men thing...

(His cell phone rings.)

BRANDON - Hold on.

(He answers his phone.)

BRANDON - Wassup man.

BRENDON - Yo wassup. What you up to?
BRANDON - Me and Denice are in the mall. We just saw X Men.

BRENDON - Oh yeah? I may go see that joint tonight. Was it good?

BRANDON - Yeah, it was off the hook. But Denice didn't like it.

BRENDON - She didn't?
BRANDON - Yeah, she wanted to see a love story or some shit.

(The brothers laugh.)

BRENDON - Aight then, I was just checkin to see what you were into. Holla at me lata.

BRANDON - Cool man. Later.

(BRANDON hangs his phone up and grabs his fork. He smiles at DENICE who isn't smiling back.)

BRANDON - What's the matter?

DENICE - You said I wanted to see a love story like I was stupid or something!
BRANDON - Huh!

DENICE - Why did you tell your brother that I wanted to see a love story like something is wrong with me?
BRANDON - Denice I didn't say that.

DENICE - Yes you did, you said...

(DENICE overexagerates BRANDON's voice.)

DENICE - ...uh...yeah...she wanted to see a love story or some shit! Like I'm stupid or something.

BRANDON - I'm not calling you stupid Denice. I didn't mean that at all. I'm was just saying that...

DENICE - I know exactly what you're saying and I don't like it!

BRANDON - Stop cutting me off.

DENICE - Stop making me sound stupid to Brendon.

BRANDON - I didn't make you sound...

PJ - Trouble in paradise?

(BRANDON and DENICE turn and see PJ standing there with a tray. She is with OCTAVIA.)

PJ - Hi guys.

BRANDON - Hey PJ. Hey Octavia.

OCTAVIA - Hi Brandon, hey Denice.

DENICE - Hey.

(DENICE turns back to her food with an attitude.)

PJ - I didn't mean to interrupt. As a matter of fact, we almost didn't even see you two here.

OCTAVIA - Yeah.

PJ - We almost walked right past you.

BRANDON - Oh that's cool. We were just...talking. You know...trouble in paradise. Ha ha ha ha.

(DENICE looks up from her food at BRANDON with a stern smile, then she grabs her drink.)

PJ - Well I'm sure yall can work it out. At least you aint got problems like your frat.

BRANDON - My frat? Who? What you talkin' about?

PJ - You didn't hear? We got a letter from our soror Gina in Africa. Her and Miri broke up!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MIYA FERGUSON is being questioned by her mother MELINDA FERGUSON about her interest in Zeta Phi Beta Sorority.

MELINDA FERGUSON - Miya, is it true that you are attempting to apply for membership into Zeta Phi Beta?

(MIYA is silent.)

MONA - What's the matter? Does the...

(MONA throws the Zeta sign.)

MONA - ...the cat got your tongue?

SHARONDA - Mona!

(SHARONDA turns to face AUNT MEL.)

SHARONDA - I'll answer for her. Yes she is applying for membership to my sorority. She doesn't want to be an AKA.

MONA - Why don't you mind your own business? This doesn't concern you!

SHARONDA - It does concern me since you all decided to have this family reunion in my apartment.

MIYA - I can explain Mom.

SHARONDA - Aunt Mel, Miya is old enough to decide for herself. She doesn't need for you to tell her what to do.

MELINDA FERGUSON - Sharonda, I'll be the one to decide when and what Miya is old enough to do. Miya isn't even old enough to attend classes at Ahpla and you're filling her head about pledging a sorority! I've worked too hard for AKA so that my daughters can enjoy this sorority and I will not let a meddling busy body such as yourself be a bad influence on my child!

SHARONDA - Bad influence? Did you say bad influence? Whatever! It's your daughter who's suspended now! And plus she skated to get in! Everyone on the yard knows it!

MONA - What!

MIYA thinks - Skated?

MELINDA FERGUSON - Wait a minute young lady! You are out of line!

SHARONDA - No, you are! What gives you the right to come into my apartment and talk about me?

MELINDA FERGUSON - Watch your tone!

SHARONDA - I will not! This is my apartment and you are disrespecting me and my sorority! Your daughter...

(SHARONDA points at MONA while still staring at her aunt.)

SHARONDA - ...is as paper thin as they come and everybody knows it! And you should be ashamed for allowing this sharade to continue!

MONA - Shut up!

SHARONDA - No you shut up!

MELINDA FERGUSON - Ladies!

MONA - No you shut up!

SHARONDA - No you!

(MONA leaps toward SHARONDA and knocks her over. They both fall to the floor. MIYA jumps back.)

MIYA - Oh shit!

MELINDA FERGUSON - Mona!

(MELINDA rushes to separate her daughter and her niece.)

MELINDA FERGUSON - Stop this! Stop this foolishness right now!

(As MELINDA grabs MONA, MONA reaches back to punch SHARONDA but inadvertedly elbows her mother in the jaw. MELINDA drops to the floor.)

MIYA - Mom!

MONA - Mommy!

SHARONDA - Aunt Mel!

(silence)

SHARONDA thinks - I didn't know Aunt Mel wore a wig!

(MONA and SHARONDA quickly get up and help SOROR FERGUSON to her feet.)

MONA - Miya get Mommy a glass of water! Mommy are you alright?

(There is a knock on the door. SHARONDA goes to the door and opens it.)

SECURITY - We heard a loud bang and some commotion. We got a complaint about screaming and yelling too. Is everything alright in here?

SHARONDA - I'm sorry. Everything is okay though sir, my guests were just leaving.

(SHARONDA holds the door for MIYA, MONA, and MELINDA who slowly walks out.)

SHARONDA - Oh don't forget this...

(SHARONDA picks up and hands AUNT MEL her wig which was sitting on the floor.)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Too hilarious.....I love it!