Saturday, December 15, 2007

Episode 32

GREGG opens his door for his frat brother XAVIER who has come to visit at GREGG's request.

GREGG - What took you so long man?
XAVIER - Uh hello Nupe. I was asleep when you called. What's the emergency?

(GREGG closes the door behind XAVIER.)

GREGG - Dude, I spoke with Shareesa.

XAVIER - You did? Why?
GREGG - She called me because she had heard some shit about the chapter.

(XAVIER gives GREGG an upset look.)

GREGG - Sorry man. I mean, she heard some stuff about the chapter.

XAVIER - Thank you.

GREGG - Cursin' aint the point man. Listen. So she calls me and I find out she's seeing somebody.

XAVIER - So?

(XAVIER starts to drink from his water bottle.)

GREGG - She's seeing Ahmad.

(XAVIER spits his water out.)

XAVIER - What! Ahmad the punk that dropped line?
GREGG - The same.

XAVIER - Oh shoot!
GREGG - She claims she didn't know about my...relationship with Ahmad.

XAVIER - G, she probably didn't.

(XAVIER coughs and drinks again to soothe his chest from almost choking.)

GREGG - Well even if she didn't. I'm sick over the fact that she's seeing him.

XAVIER - Why?

GREGG - Because man.

(GREGG slams his fist down on the counter top.)

XAVIER - Gregg, you know what I'm gonna say right.

(GREGG doesn't answer. He just looks away.)

XAVIER - G, come on man. You were never faithful to Shareesa. You have no right to be upset now bro.

GREGG - That's all in theory Z. I know that and I knew you'd say that. But that doesn't mean that I don't hurt or feel pain. Because I do.

XAVIER - And I hear you. But on the real, use this as a lesson. If you play with fire you may get burned. You lost Shareesa because you didn't appreciate her when you had her. Now that she's gone, don't cry in your milk now.

GREGG - I don't even know why I call you to talk to you.

XAVIER - I don't know why either.

(silence)

(XAVIER finishes his water and tosses the empty bottle in the trash.)

XAVIER - So what else you wanna talk about.

GREGG - Man I'm really hurtin' here and you're making jokes.

XAVIER - Gregg pardon me if I don't plan to join you for your pitty party. But I'm not gonna validate your feelings right now.

GREGG - Then you know what Z? You can be out man on the real.

(GREGG turns his back on XAVIER and walks toward his couch.)

XAVIER thinks - Fine!
XAVIER - Whatever man.

(XAVIER turns and walks out without another word.)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BRANDON is knocking on his girlfriend DENICE's door. DENICE opens the door and has her phone to her ear.

BRANDON - Hey.


(DENICE nods and lets him in as she continues to talk on the phone.)

DENICE - So what is your gpa?

ADA - I have a 3.6 grade point average.

DENICE - That's pretty good.

ADA - Thank you. I have a scholarship to maintain but overall, I am a very studious person.

DENICE - Tell me a little about why you want to be a member of my sorority.

ADA - Well, I've been watching the women of Zeta Phi Beta for some time now. I have always been impressed with the way the ladies carry themselves and take care of business. Zeta women take care of business here at Ahpla, that is for sure.

(DENICE smiles.)

ADA - When I consider aligning myself up with some of the finer women of this campus...

DENICE thinks - Oh how cute.

ADA - ...it just gives me chills to think about it. I think I would definitely be able to assist and be an asset to your chapter as you endeavor to grow and achieve even more.

DENICE - I understand that. Have you spoken with any other sorors before me?
ADA - I spoke with Sharonda at the interest meeting event. And I called Tonya and left her a message.

DENICE - Okay. You sound like you are serious about Zeta.

ADA - Oh I am.

DENICE - Are there any Zetas in your family?
ADA - No. My parents didn't go to college.

DENICE - Oh okay. Well listen Ada. It was nice meeting you. Give me a call tomorrow and I want you to research something for me.

ADA - Yes.

DENICE - I want you to tell me som.ething my founders that I don't already know.

ADA thinks - Wow!
DENICE - Is that okay with you?
ADA - Yes. That is fine. Have a good day.

DENICE - You too.

(They hang up and DENICE walks to where BRANDON is watching tv.)

DENICE - Hey babe.

BRANDON - Wassup.

(DENICE sits on his lap and they kiss.)

BRANDON - I heard you handlin' your business. You sound like a professional.

(They both laugh.)

DENICE - Yeah, this is so exciting. So many girls came out. They are so excited about being Zetas! It's so cute.

BRANDON - I hear that! I feel the same way! Especially with it being my brother.

DENICE - Your brother?
BRANDON - Oh I didn't tell you?
DENICE - Tell me what?
BRANDON - I'm getting Bren to pledge Sigma. It's gonna be great! I'll be his big brother and then we can be on the step team and then...

DENICE - Brandon, you can't push Brendon toward Sigma. I think that's wrong.

(silence)

BRANDON - What?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

XAVIER has just left GREGG's house upset. They got into an arguement over GREGG's feelings for SHAREESA.

XAVIER thinks - Don't get mad at me dude. I aint the one who was sleepin' around with Caryn and Denice and whoever else. You made your bed, now you gotta lie in it.

(XAVIER is walking back to his room.)

XAVIER thinks - I mean, Shareesa is a beautiful person. She's fine as all...well...she's a very attractive sister. She's smart, has a good job, dresses sharp, fun to be with. If you didn't see the potential in your girl who was right up in your face half the time, I mean dag.

(XAVIER passes by the side of campus taking a short cut and sees the fraternity and sorority plots.)

XAVIER thinks - And she's an AKA. Don't get much prettier than that for a Nupe. How stupid can Gregg be.

(XAVIER turns the corner and sees his dorm in the distance.)

XAVIER thinks - But instead of placing the blame where it belongs, he blames me. Well I aint hearin' that. If he wants to act like a baby and sit there and sulk, that's fine with me. But don't drag me down with you. Don't bring down my mood too. Gosh.

(XAVIER enters his dorm and waves to the ladies behind the front desk.)

XAVIER thinks - All I know is if I had a girl as fine as Shareesa, willing to do whatever for me. And she was an AKA, smart and doin' big things, I would think twice about letting her go and not treating her right.

(XAVIER gets on the elevator with a few other students.)


XAVIER thinks - Because guarantee, one of these brothers here on the yard is gonna snatch up any sister that doesn't feel appreciated. No doubt!

(XAVIER gets off on his floor.)

XAVIER thiniks - There is no way in the world I would let a good girl like that go. No way.

(XAVIER pulls out his keys and begins to open his door.)


XAVIER thinks - Wow, someone is cooking up a mean breakfast somewhere! Wow!

(XAVIER opens his door and hears pots and pans rattling and smells food in his own kitchen.)

XAVIER thinks - What the...

(XAVIER walks into the kitchen and sees APRIL cooking a huge breakfast.)

XAVIER thinks - What in the world...

XAVIER - April, what are you doing?

(APRIL turns around. She didn't hear XAVIER come in.)

APRIL - Oh hi! You're home!

(She puts the frying pan down and comes to give him a hug and kiss. XAVIER is looking at her very confused.)

XAVIER - Uh...yeah...I'm home. I live here. What are you doing here?
APRIL - Oh, I just thought I'd cook you some breakfast. I know you don't normally eat breakfast, eventhough you stay up late sometimes writing for the paper.

(APRIL turns to return to her cooking work. XAVIER is still looking very confused.)

XAVIER - April how did you get in here?

(XAVIER walks toward her.)

APRIL - Oh that. Hee hee, I have my ways.

XAVIER - You have a key to my apartment?
APRIL - Oh no. Well not yet at least.

(APRIL smiles at him then returns to cooking her eggs.)

APRIL - One of the girls who works behind the front desk wants to be an AKA. So you know how that goes.

XAVIER thinks - Oh my God!
XAVIER - April, why are you doing this?
APRIL - What do you mean why? I know you don't usually eat breakf...

XAVIER - No April...

(XAVIER grabs APRIL's hand that she is using to whip eggs with. She stops and looks at him.)

XAVIER - April, why are you doing this?
APRIL - What do you mean?

(silence)

XAVIER - Come here April.

APRIL - But your food is gonna burn.

XAVIER - I don't care. Come here.

(XAVIER leads APRIL away from the kitchen so they can sit down and talk.)

XAVIER - April I don't think I want you sneaking into my place without me knowing it.

APRIL - Why not? What's the big deal.

XAVIER - The big deal is that I didn't know that you were here. So I come in and there's someone in my kitchen.

APRIL - I'm not just any old someone though.

XAVIER - Well I know that but...

APRIL - I mean, I am special to you aren't I?
XAVIER - Well...I mean, we're...I mean you're real cool April.

APRIL - Real cool?

(silence)

APRIL - Did you not come to my place the other night and stay with me?
XAVIER - April we fell asleep talking.

APRIL - So you didn't feel the magic between us that night?
XAVIER - Magic?
APRIL - Yes magic!

(APRIL is starting to become visibly upset.)

XAVIER thinks - Oh God, don't start to get upset.
XAVIER - April, I came by. We started to talk. I fell asleep. You fell asleep.

APRIL - I fell asleep in your arms!
XAVIER - You did?


(silence)

APRIL - You know what Xavier, forget it!

(APRIL stands up.)

APRIL - I know you may not like me for whatever reason, but I know that I'm a good person with a lot to offer! And if you can't see that then forget it!

XAVIER - April wait.

(APRIL starts to walk into the other room to grab her things.)

XAVIER - April I'm not trying to hurt your feelings or anything.

APRIL - Say no more Xavier because the more you talk the more you do just that.

(XAVIER becomes quiet as APRIL grabs her bag. She then walks into the kitchen to turn off the stove and grab the items she brought with her.)

XAVIER - Can we at least talk about this some more? Don't leave pissed off like this.

APRIL - I have nothing more to say. You've made it painfully clear that you want nothing more with me then me being your buddy. So fine.

(APRIL talks under her breath.)

APRIL - Gonna lead me on all this time!
XAVIER - What did you say? Lead you on?
APRIL - Nothing Xavier. Enjoy your breakfast
.

(APRIL heads for the door.)

XAVIER - April wait. I'm sorry.

(APRIL doesn't answer as she goes out the door.)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

THERESA is in her room on the phone.

THERESA - Yes girl! I am a Delta now! Delta Sigma Theta sorority incorporated! Ooo-oop!

TRINA - Ha ha ha, well congratulations. I didn't think your ass was gonna do it.

THERESA - I know right! I used to hate greeks!
TRINA - Yes you did!

(They both laugh.)

TRINA - Nobody hated greeks more than you and what's his name...um...Miri! And I heard he's greek now too!

THERESA - He sure is a Sigma now. How ironic is that? He's my sands!

TRINA - Lord!

THERESA - I mean, I only hated greeks because I had never taken the time to read anything about them or understand them. And then I started pledging for all the wrong reasons ya know?
TRINA - Yeah.

THERESA - But that all changed.

TRINA - Well congrats again.

THERESA - Thanks girl. And now I love being greek.

TRINA - Well I love being with a greek! Give me that Omega dick any day!

(THERESA screams in laughter.)

THERESA - Girl you are crazy!

TRINA - I aint lyin'! You know about them greeks don't ya?
THERESA - Oh yeah, don't I know it. That Jason is no joke. That's the reason I started line in the first place. But luckily I got out of that mentality quick because me and Willie are closer now than ever. I respect that Jason is her man now. It's all good.
TRINA - Well bitch you a better bitch than me. I'd hate her ass. Ha ha ha.
THERESA - Why?

TRINA - Girl please. Jason was your man first and then your friend starts to date him? I'd kick her ass. You don't do that shit. Your girl's men are off limits always.

THERESA - I hear ya, but I'm bigger than that. Ya know?
TRINA - Whatever. Like I said, you're a better bitch than me.

(TRINA laughs but THERESA is silent.)

TRINA - But whatever girl. What you gettin' into this weekend?

(There is a knock on the door.)

THERESA - Hold on girl.

(THERESA walks over and opens the door.)

WILLIE - Soror!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BRANDON and DENICE are discussing BRANDON's twin brother BRENDON becoming a member of Phi Beta Sigma fraternity.

DENICE - Brandon, you can't push Brendon toward Sigma. I think that's wrong.

(silence)

BRANDON - What? Why?
DENICE - Because Brendon doesn't want to be a Sigma. He wants to be a Kappa.

BRANDON - That was before. He changed his mind.

DENICE - Did he change his mind or did you change it for him.

BRANDON - I mean, yes I may have been influential...

(They both laugh.)

BRANDON - But Bren needed to realize how sorry and whack the Kappas are. He doesn't want to be associated with them niggas.

DENICE - Brandon, that's not for you to decide. The Kappas may be sorry and whack to you, but that's because you're a Sigma. To Brendon, that's what's in his heart. He's wanted to be a Kappa since high school. Way before the time that you chose Phi Beta.

BRANDON - That's because he didn't know any better.

DENICE - Come on babe, you can't say that.

BRANDON - Sure I can. I know what's best for my brother.

DENICE - Why? Because you're a few minutes older?

BRANDON - No because I'm greek and I know what's on this side of the fence.

DENICE - Brandon, you've been greek for like fifteen minutes.

(DENICE starts to laugh and BRANDON takes offense.)

BRANDON - And you've been greek for twenty!
DENICE - At least I've been greek long enough to know that you don't pressure someone to choose an organization.

BRANDON - Well maybe in your twenty minute process you should've learned that brotherhood is the most important element and I need to show my brother a true brotherhood.

DENICE - Twenty minute process! Brandon maybe if you didn't sleep through most of your process you'd have some respect for my process and for yours!

BRANDON - Sleep through my process!

DENICE thinks - Oh shit! Why did I say that! Dammit!
BRANDON - At least I had a process!
DENICE - What!

BRANDON thinks - Oh God why did I just say that!
DENICE - You don't know shit about what process I went through okay! You weren't even thinking about Sigma when I was pledging every day! But don't forget, I was there for yours! I saw what you did!

BRENDON - So what you sayin'!
DENICE - What you sayin!

(silence)

(BRANDON stands up and walks toward the door.)

DENICE - Oh you just gonna leave now?
BRANDON - You know what...

(BRANDON turns back around to face DENICE.)

BRANDON - Don't tell me what's best for my brother! If I have anything to do with it, Brendon will be a Sigma man!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

THERESA - What's up soror!

(WILLIE and THERESA hug.)

THERESA - Hold on Willie. Hey T, I'm gonna hit you back.

TRINA - Okay. Don't forget what I said. Don't be skee-weeing with the enemy.

THERESA - Uh...that's the AKA call. We say that other thing.

TRINA - Whatever bitch! Ha ha ha ha! Later.

THERESA - Bye crazy ass!

(They hang up.)

THERESA - What's up Wils!
WILLIE - Nothin' much my neo. How you enjoyin' DST?
THERESA - Oh I love it soror! I love it!

WILLIE - You got some real cool gifts.

THERESA - Yeah. You see the windbreaker Marlana gave me?
WILLIE - Yes I did and I am pissed! I didn't get anything that nice from her!
THERESA - Don't hate!


(They laugh as they both sit down.)

WILLIE - What you been doin'?
THERESA - Just on the phone. Everybody is calling me congratulating me.

WILLIE - That's cool.

THERESA - I didn't know that so many people knew I was on line.

WILLIE - Oh, word is out. Wait until you and Bree go on the yard. The crowd is gonna be huge.

THERESA - Yeah, I can't wait!

THERESA thinks - Your girl's men are off limits...always.

WILLIE - Have you figured out who you want to pin you?

(WILLIE smiles knowing that the obvious answer is herself.)

THERESA - Uh...yeah. I was gonna actually ask you to do it.

THERESA thinks - Your girl's men are off limits...always.

WILLIE - Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!

(WILLIE starts clapping then she holds her hands to her face as if she's going to cry.)

WILLIE - Thank you Theresa! Oh my gosh I am so happy! Thank you so much, this means so much to me!

(silence)

THERESA - Actually Willie, before we get into that, there's something I need to ask you. We have something important to talk about.

No comments: